Instructor Bio: Ian Lebby
Trainer, Technical Training Program, WORLDPAC, Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz Body System II and III
- Mercedes Service Complete Vehicle
- Mercedes-Benz Engine II
- Mercedes Transmission 722.6
- Mercedes Chassis Dynamics III
- 2006 – Present: Owner, Independent Mercedes Service
- 2002 – 2006: Mercedes-Benz Shop Foreman
- 1999 – 2002: Operations Manager, MZF Inc.
- 1997 – 1999: Shop Foreman, European Motors of San Francisco
- 1995 – 1997: Automotive Shop Foreman, Smythe European
- 1992 – 1995: Automotive Shop Foreman, Autobahn Motors
- 1986 – 1992: Automotive Shop Foreman and Line Technician, Stead Motors
- 1982 – 1986: Automotive Line Technician, Mercedes-Benz Car Service
Starting in 1977 in the UK, Ian began his automotive career working at a gas station in Tadcaster, England. Here he performed basic services to the Mercedes-Benz automobile as an apprentice until he moved to the USA in 1982. In the USA Ian quickly progressed through the dealership world to Shop Foreman status and achieved Master Guild Technician, the highest award possible, 2 years running. This award is based on several levels of testing and is only awarded to the top 30 highest scoring technicians in the USA – Ian tested against 3,000 to 5,000 dealership technicians and won with a score of 100%. This outstanding achievement is an excellent example of Ian's dedication to the Mercedes-Benz product.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering and Computer Technology
- ASE Master Technician and L1
- California Smog Certification
- MACS Certified
- Extensive automotive training courses
- Automotive training courses - Hayward
- Automotive transmission courses - Alameda
- Small business management courses
- CSI related classes
- Automotive Master Guild Winner 1998/1999
- Automotive Master Technician (4 years)
Ian lives and works in California and is married with two children.